FERN GROVE COTTAGES
16650 River Road (Hwy 116), Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: ferngrove.com
• Room Rates: $119-289; Number of Accommodations: 21 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-8105; 888-243-2674
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Owners: Jennifer Lamarre and Sherman W. Tyler
Fern Grove Cottages is located in Guerneville, California in the Russian River Valley. Fern Grove’s country cottages are described as “cute and individualistic … very comfortable” and “charming” by Trip Advisor reviewers. These carefully maintained accommodations are within easy walking distance of downtown Guerneville. Some cottages have whirlpools tubs, while others have wood-burning or gas fireplaces. Pet-friendly cottages are available as well.
The 21 craftsman-style cottages and the lodge are situated among beautiful vintage gardens and redwoods. With a long and historic history of a more rural time, Fern Grove’s gardens continue to be filled with many varieties of ferns, fabulous roses, flowering shrubs and bountiful fruit trees. Fern Grove is the perfect “base camp” to explore the icons of the Russian River region, including Armstrong Redwood State Preserve, wine country, and the Pacific Coast.
An extended continental breakfast is served each morning. Our menu varies seasonally to ensure our guests the freshest and most satisfying start to their day. You will enjoy a variety of treats such as homemade scones and granola, fresh fruit, pastries, sweet breads, preserves, yogurt, juice, tea, and coffee. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a wide selection of local restaurants, many within walking distance of Fern Grove Cottages.
Nestled among towering redwood trees, the cottages are surrounded by delightful gardens that produce an abundance of flowers and fruit. Each cottage is unique with its individual theme. Classic wood burning fireplaces are available as well as gas log stoves and double size spa tubs for relaxing and romantic evenings. Several cottages have kitchens and most have wet bars. All cottages have a private bath and cable TV. Cottages range from one-room studios, one bedroom & living room and two-bedroom & living room units.
AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Fern Grove Cottages is a GO-Sonoma Wine Country Lodging Founding Member. Russian River Inns, and the Wine Road of Northern Sonoma County and Wine Country Inns of Sonoma. Fern Grove Cottages also belongs to the Russian River Chamber of Commerce, the Russian River Winegrowers Association, and the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce.
• Fern Grove is conveniently located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and wide selection of restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove’s heated saline water swimming pool. Within three miles of the cottages are canoe trips on the Russian River, hiking in the impressive Armstrong Woods State Reserve and winery tours. The Sonoma Coast with its picturesque beaches and hiking trails is only minutes away by car.
• Free amenities offered at Fern Grove Cottages include: High Speed Internet and WiFi; Pool and sun deck; Individual decks or patios; Built-in barbecue and picnic area.
• Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Media Quotes: “Chat to gracious hosts over homemade scones. They certainly know their wines.” Decanter Magazine. “Continental breakfast is always tasty, and the décor is charmingly relaxing.” Beloved B&Bs on the West Coast.— San Jose Mercury News.